This is to confirm that you are registering for Mini-Intensive A with David Smukler, taking place the weekend of April 7-8, running 10:00am - 5:00pm each day, with a 1-hour break for lunch at 1:00pm. To register, scroll to the bottom of the page and select a fee amount, which will take you to a PayPal payment page. Once you have paid, an automated email will be sent to you that also includes the following details. (If you prefer to pay by e-Transfer, contact us with preferred workshop date.)
- All classes take place at Carousel Theatre's Studio A on Granville Island, 1411 Cartwright Street. The studio will be open at 9:30am for individual warm-up. Sessions will begin at 10:00am sharp!
- Workshop prep: please have 10-20 lines of text memorized for use during exercises. David's specialty is classical text, so anything from Shakespeare's canon (including sonnets) would be fine; however, if you're working on a contemporary piece, by all means, bring that in. Some people like to have two pieces prepared in order to challenge themselves in different ways (and you have a ready alternative if someone else brings in the same piece!)
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing. Layers are best, as the studio temperature is sometimes unpredictable. Bring lots of water; the voice works much better when hydrated. You may wish to bring a yoga mat or towel, as there can be a lot of lying on the floor!
- There are lots of places to grab food on Granville Island during lunch break.
- Please program this cell number in your phone: 604.818.8805. If you're lost and/or running late, you'll be able to contact us.
If you have interested friends or colleagues unable to take an entire workshop, they may be able to drop-in for $80 per evening class April 9-13 at The Post. Please review our drop-in policy.
CANCELLATION POLICY: Workshop fee less $20 admin fee will be returned with a minimum 7 full days notice by email or phone call before first class. If less than 7 days notice of cancellation, workshop fee less $50 deposit will be returned. If there's a waiting list, and someone takes your place, workshop fee less $20 admin fee will be returned.
Contact us if you should have any questions. Looking forward to seeing you on April 7th!
1411 Cartwright St
Vancouver, BC V6H 3R7
Google map and directions