Visceral Visions is in an exciting growth and development stage as an organization, and we are recruiting new board members to work with us to support this development.
- are passionate about the arts
- have some experience with governance, non-profit organizations, and/or arts organizations
- enjoy working collaboratively and as part of a team
- have values aligned with Visceral Visions' mandate
- preferably self-identify as Indigenous or racialized and/or provide perspectives from other marginalized intersections
We are looking for board members who:
- have skills and/or expertise in the following areas:
- HR (Human Resources Management)
- Accounting and/or Financial Management
- Fundraising, Sponsorships and/or Partnerships
- Organizational Development and Strategic Thinking
- Board Governance and Development
- are interested in moving into leadership roles on the board through succession planning
- can participate on at least one committee: Finance, Governance, Fundraising, or HR
Time and Role Commitments
- Board terms are 2 years; we hope that all board members will complete their full terms
- Board meetings are 4 times a year for 2 hours max.
- Board members may join meetings virtually.
- Please note: our current board meetings are all online.
- Our AGM takes place in November or early December and is approximately 1 hour long
- Committee meetings will be monthly or bi-monthly (depending on the committee) and are 1 hour long
- all board members are asked to join at least one committee of their choice/interest
- Timely responses to ongoing email communications
If you are interested in a position on the Visceral Visions Board of Directors, please email Davy Chiu, Chair of our Governance Committee, with a short paragraph describing why you're interested and to which areas you are most interested in contributing.