This is to confirm that you are registering for Mini-Intensive B with David Smukler, taking place April 9-13, running 7:00pm - 9:30pm, Monday through Friday. To register, scroll to the bottom of the page and select a fee amount, which will take you to a PayPal payment page. Once you have paid, an automated email will be sent to you that also includes the following details. (If you prefer to pay by e-Transfer, contact us with preferred workshop date.)
- Classes take place at The Post, which is part of the CBC complex at 750 Hamilton Street, in the Startup Studio. One class will take place in the adjacent East Studio. The studio will be open at 6:30pm for individual warm-up. Sessions will begin at 7pm sharp!
- PLEASE NOTE: 750 Hamilton is not at street level. The easiest way to find it is to get yourself to Hamilton Street between Robson and Georgia. Mid-block, with the Library behind you, you will be looking at a JJ Bean coffee kiosk. To the right of that, you will see a set of concrete steps leading up. Follow those to "750" and dial 110 on the entryphone to be admitted to The Post at 750. Those with mobility issues may use the elevator in the atrium of the CBC Broadcast Centre at 700 Hamilton Street, then go past the Security desk to the breezeway. 750 will be on your left when you exit the doors at Security.
- The Post at 750 is easily accessible by transit. For those with cars, the underground parking garage for the Central Branch of the Vancouver Public Library is right across the street.
- Workshop prep: please have 10-20 lines of text memorized for use during exercises. David's specialty is classical text, so anything from Shakespeare's canon (including sonnets) would be fine; however, if you're working on a contemporary piece, by all means, bring that in. Some people like to have two pieces prepared in order to challenge themselves in different ways (and you have a ready alternative if someone else brings in the same piece!)
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing. Layers are best, as the studio temperature is sometimes unpredictable. Bring lots of water; the voice works much better when hydrated. You may wish to bring a yoga mat or towel, as there can be a lot of lying on the floor!
- Please program this cell number in your phone: 604.818.8805. If you're lost and/or running late, you'll be able to contact us to let you in!
If you have interested friends or colleagues unable to take the entire workshop, they may be able to drop-in for $80 per evening class. Please review our drop-in policy.
CANCELLATION POLICY: Workshop fee less $20 admin fee will be returned with a minimum 7 full days notice by email or phone call before first class. If less than 7 days notice of cancellation, workshop fee less $50 deposit will be returned. If there's a waiting list, and someone takes your place, workshop fee less $20 admin fee will be returned.
Contact us if you should have any questions. Looking forward to seeing you soon!
750 Hamilton St
Vancouver, BC V6B
Google map and directions