Contractor Opportunity: Managing Producer
Come join Visceral Visions! We are seeking a Managing Producer to lead and support critical administrative work required to help Visceral Visions execute our mission. This contractor position will work closely with the company’s Co-Artistic Producers to effectively manage the company’s administrative day-to-day needs, allowing the Visceral Visions team to develop and execute numerous projects in the years ahead.
This position will play an important role in leading company administration, as well as advancing sponsorship development, fundraising, grant administration, and governance support through strategic planning, while strengthening Visceral Visions’ operational capacity.
About Visceral Visions
Visceral Visions (VV) is a non-profit arts society based on the stolen ancestral territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səl̓ilwətaɁɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) nations (Vancouver, BC). with a mandate to champion diverse provocative voices through the media of artistic expression. The work we do is a potent mix of visceral storytelling, advocacy, and professional development. Visceral Visions promotes and fosters Indigenous and racialized Canadian artists through the creation of interdisciplinary artistic projects, and has also developed CultureBrew.Art (CBA), a web platform featuring a nationwide searchable database of BIPOC artists working in Canada, envisioned to facilitate connection, diversify collaboration, and build community in the Canadian arts and culture sector and beyond.
We are a dynamic team of contractors and are proud to have racialized women in co-leadership on the Board of Directors as well as the team. We are committed to ensuring representation, fostering collaborative partnerships, and supporting leadership from among the multiple and diverse communities we serve.
About the Opportunity
The scope of work and deliverables include:
- overseeing charity registration application
- maintaining charity status after successful registration
- building and maintaining funding partners and sponsorship relationships for VV programs/projects
- ensuring effective administration of systems and processes
- contract administration and management
- grant oversight/administration (reporting etc.)
- insurance maintenance
- budget oversight in collaboration with Co-Artistic Producers
- annual review engagement/audit process oversight
- updating onboarding policies/systems
- supporting strategic planning in collaboration with Co-Artistic Producers
- leading administrative projects
- leading and coordinating annual planning for VV and CBA
- recommending and creating strategies for improvements to administrative processes/systems
- providing board operations support
- supporting effective management of board relationships
- leading AGM planning
- overseeing Board development/role of the board
- annual board session planning
- coordinating, creating and gathering materials for board meetings
Privacy Plan Management
- leading privacy plan management and oversight
What You Bring
- Experience working in arts administration in a leadership role
- Experience in operations management
- Experience in supporting governance activities including meeting preparation, budget oversight, and supporting a board of directors
- Experience preparing contracts, grant reports, and other legal documents
- Experience working with funders, partners, and cultivating sponsorship relationships
- Good understanding and knowledge of intersectionality, racial equity, representation, and decolonization
- Good understanding of funding and grant processes in the not-for-profit sector across Canada
- Ability to oversee and execute various operational and administrative processes
- Strong project management skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Analytical and critical thinking
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-awareness and self-management
- Hours: 30-35 hours/week, primarily remote
- Rate: $50/hour, negotiable based on experience
- Start Date: ASAP
- Contract Length: Minimum 2 years with possibility of extension
Visceral Visions Commitment to Anti-Oppression and Decolonization
We are dedicated to inciting intersectional interculturalism in the arts and are strongly committed to embodying anti-oppression and decolonization values in all facets of our work. We strive to consciously address systemic inequality as an integral aspect of our artistic practice, using art to build awareness and empathy as we illuminate how the intersection of race with all other oppressions deeply impacts the world today. It is at the heart of these intersections where artists, as agents of change, must ask the hard questions that spark inspiration, introspection, compassion, clarity, and ultimately, the act of creation that transforms incomprehensible human suffering into hope.
We are committed to working with BIPOC individuals, particularly women and non-binary folx of colour, who reflect the communities in which we live and work. Indigenous and racialized peoples, and members of other underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to submit a proposal.
To be considered for this opportunity, please email your proposal including a cover letter and resume in one PDF document. Consider sharing in your proposal:
- Your interest in becoming a contractor with Visceral Visions working in the capacity of Managing Producer
- Highlight your strengths and lived experiences related to this contractor opportunity
Send your proposal to: [email protected]. Deadline to submit is May 31, 2023.